ELIE HIRSCHFELD - New York based Real Estate Developer
Elie Hirschfeld, an esteemed real estate developer, philanthropist, theatrical producer, and art collector, serves as the President of Hirschfeld Properties, a leading owner and developer of real estate properties in the New York City metropolitan area.
Mr. Hirschfeld brings over four decades of experience and relationships developing many renowned office buildings, hotels, multi-family residential buildings, parking facilities and retail projects. His real estate activities involve an aggregate value of several billion dollars.
Mr. Hirschfeld joined his family's business in 1976. His first task was to build the Empire State Building garage on 33rd Street. Since then Mr. Hirschfeld has led the firm into explosive growth in new areas of property development, including leading the development of the Grand Sutton, the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Park Avenue Court, the Gotham, the Sutton Collection, Exchange Tower and the successful redevelopment of the historic Hotel Pennsylvania. He is currently completing the redevelopment of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Headquarters in Manhattan. The lease for this U. S. Headquarters was the 4th largest lease by size in New York City in 2014.
Over the years, Mr. Hirschfeld has directed Hirschfeld Properties in many innovative collaborations with other distinguished real estate development firms, including the Zeckendorf Organization, the Donald Trump Organization, Silverstein Properties, Empire Realty Group, Belz Enterprises of Memphis, and Simon Property Group. Visionary projects have included The Sports Club/LA, a completely vertical sports club, Manhattan Mall, one of the first vertical shopping malls in NYC, and New York’s first open-air parking garage.
Currently, Mr. Hirschfeld is leading the creation of the world’s largest digital parking infrastructure, Park.com, which will disrupt the $100 billion global parking market. The mission of Park.com is to unify data and technologies across the entire parking ecosystem globally, thereby providing a one stop, seamless experience for consumers, parking providers and merchants.
A philanthropist and a longtime supporter of education, medicine, healthcare and Jewish causes, Mr. Hirschfeld created the Hirschfeld Family Foundation. Mr. Hirschfeld serves as trustee emeritus of Brown University and Long Island University and trustee of several New York City hospitals, including Beth Israel, St. Luke's and Roosevelt Hospitals. Mr. Hirschfeld also serves on the Board of Directors or Steering Committees of many other organizations, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park Conservancy, Lincoln Center President’s Council, New York University Real Estate Roundtable and The Rockefeller University Council. Mr. Hirschfeld represented his Park East Synagogue for the visit of Pope Francesco to the Great Synagogue of Rome on January 17, 2016.
Mr. Hirschfeld is a passionate art collector with a focus on original art scenes of New York City. His collection includes important pieces by Alexander Calder, Marc Chagall, Christo, Georgia O'Keeffe, Norman Rockwell, Mark Rothko, Frank Stella, Andy Warhol and many more.
Elie Hirschfeld is committed to the arts as a Tony Award voting member of The Broadway League. He has produced and co-produced numerous Broadway shows including the David Mamet play, Oleanna, The Fantasticks, Flashdance, Equus and Passing Strange, for which Mr. Hirschfeld received a Tony Award nomination for Best Musical.
He is also a competitive athlete, having competed in over 100 triathlons, 11 marathons and 3 Ironman competitions.
Mr. Hirschfeld received his law degree from New York University School of Law and his undergraduate degree from Brown University, phi beta kappa, magna cum laude and President of his Class.
Click here to read articles about Elie Hirschfeld.
- Elie Hirschfeld pays $38M for Marquand penthouse
- Hirschfeld buys 40-unit Yorkville building for $23M
- “The Bachelorette” champ may win construction contract at UES Hirschfeld condo
- Hirschfeld refinances UES building that is home to Sports Club/LA
- Ballet Club leaps into Pinto’s former synagogue space
- Cushman retail services director wins broker’s challenge race to top of Empir...
- Q & A with Hirschfeld Properties CEO Elie Hirschfeld
- Hirschfeld puts East Hampton home on market for $25M
- Elie Hirschfeld Runs United Airlines NYC Half Marathon
- Elie Hirschfeld Expands His Art Collection With Original Work by Keith Haring...
- Elie Hirschfeld CEO @ Hirschfeld Properties LLC
- Elie Hirschfeld Real Estate Developer Hirschfeld Properties
- Rich Cribs: Elie Hirschfeld selling in Kings Point, and more
- Entrepreneur Of The Month: Elie Hirschfeld
- Brown University Alumnus Elie Hirschfeld Donates $1 Million
- Elie Hirschfeld Makes Charitable Gifts to Support Roosevelt Hospital’s Emerge...
- Elie Hirschfeld, Trump’s New York real estate buddies descend on DC
- Manhattan Mogul Elie Hirschfeld Acquires $2,000,000 Original Frank Stella Pai...
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD LAUDS LANDMARK WILLIAM T. WILLIAMS EXHIBITION
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD NAMED TO ISRAEL BONDS NATIONAL CAMPAIGN COUNCIL
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD AND OTHERS MARK JERUSALEM DAY AT ANNUAL GALA
- Elie Hirschfeld: ‘How To Stay In Shape After 60!’
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD JOINS LIST OF LUMINARIES AT NEW YORK ACADEMY OF SCIENCES GALA
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD BROKERS RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ARGENTINIAN AND AMERICAN PRESIDENTS
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD’S COMMENTS ILLUMINATE NEW YORK CITY TITANS OF BUSINESS PANEL
- Elie Hirschfeld Adopts A Portion of New York’s Grand Central Parkway
- Residential Real Estate Continues to Drive Growth and New Opportunity in New ...
- Elie Hirschfeld Celebrates New York Academy of Sciences 200 Year Anniversary
- ELIE HIRSCHFELD APPOINTED TO SERVE ON ISRAEL BONDS NATIONAL CAMPAIGN ADVISORY...
- How to Encourage Diversity in Tech